St. Charles Borromeo School is more affordable than you think. Most families receive tuition assistance, financial aid, grants and scholarships. Please contact us for information.
St. Charles Borromeo School is a tuition-driven Catholic grade school for students from Pre-K 3 to 8th grade.
The cost to educate a student at our school is $5,791. Thanks to the generosity of our Parishioners and donors, this tuition price is heavily discounted, as no family pays this amount. We continuously work with our families to provide them resources to apply for all financial assistance that is available.
The majority of students in our school receive supplemental funding to attend St. Charles Borromeo School (SCB). Last year, over $112,000 in aid was given to our students. We are committed to making Catholic education at SCB as affordable and accessible as possible for all families. The only way to access all of the forms of aids is to complete an application through the FACTS Tuition Management System after applying for admission to the school.
We highly encourage all families to apply for financial aid through FACTS.
Tuition Assistance, Scholarships, Grants and Financial Aid
- PA State Tax Credit Scholarship (EITC) for K-Grade 8
- Children’s Scholarship of Philadelphia (for Phila residents; csfphiladelphia.org)
- Transfer Grant for students entering Grades 2-7 from public/charter/homeschool
- $1,000 for first year
- $500 for second year
- Welcome Grant for student entering Kindergarten
- Students who identify as Hispanic & are new to SCB- click here for application
- BRIDGE Scholarship Grant
Eligibility for EITC Scholarships for Grades K-8
To qualify for the EITC Scholarship, the eligible income limit is $96,676 + $17,017/child in the family.
Completing the FACTS Tuition Management Application
After you complete the registration forms in-person, you will receive an email from FACTS Management 1-2 weeks later. Check your SPAM/JUNK folder for this email if you do not receive it within 2 weeks. FACTS Website: www.factsmgt.com. Spanish interpretation available by appointment at the Fatima Center – 443-424-3277
- To complete the financial aid application, you will need your current year tax return and your W-2. The application fee is $35.
- Click the link in the email to set up your tuition payment plan.
- Once you create your profile, click on “Grant & Aid” button and apply for scholarships. You will need a scanned copy of your most recent Tax Form to complete this step and to be eligible for scholarships.
Other Ways to Reduce Your Tuition
SCB participates in the SCRIP program that allows you to earn money towards your tuition bill simply by shopping; it requires no additional money!
Click here to see how you can save at local stores.
- You may purchase gift cards to over 80 of your favorite supermarkets, retailers, restaurants, and local business stores ($100 for a $100 gift card). You may also special order scrip for these stores.
- You may purchase the SCRIP on the mobile app ScripManager OR
- In the office near the rectory
- Sunday 9 am – noon
- Tuesday 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Wednesday (when school in session) 10:00 am – noon
*Please check our Parish bulletin for the most updated SCRIP hours
- The stores then give a percentage of the money back to the school. If you spent an average of $100 a week on groceries, you would receive a credit of $4.00 toward your tuition. Over the course of a school year that would equal over $200! [See below for more examples.]
- You can ask your family and friends to use the program to support your child’s tuition at St. Charles Borromeo School. Make sure to tell them to direct their SCRIP credit towards your child(ren) at SCB!
- Some parents have been able to credit over $600 towards the tuition bill for doing nothing more than shopping at their favorite stores! For more information about how the program works, please see our SCRIP Program