St. Charles provides a robust sports program for boys and girls in 5th-8th grades. Our students compete against area schools in a variety of sports including:
Click here to visit our CYO page.
Sport Participation Eligibility Requirements
Members of St. Charles Parish must either attend St. Charles school or be enrolled in a continuous religious education program (CCD) in order to be eligible to participate in Novice-Varsity CYO sports. Those who are not members of St. Charles parish, and do not have a sports team offered by their own parish, must get approval from their parish’s pastor to participate in St Charles CYO. These are regulations passed down from the Region as supported by the rectory. Please print out and sign all necessary paperwork and drop it off at the Rectory as soon as you get the opportunity.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCES INFO:
- Coaches Orientation- information should be updated on the Region 19 webpage.(The dates are TBD)
- Mandatory Reporter- You can register online and possible take online- https://childyouthprotection.org/learning/login/index.php
- Safe Environment Session- Protecting God’s Children- Register online for one & submit the signature page after completion https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=18461&theme=0
- Criminal background- https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Child Abuse History Clearance- Please complete this form and mail to the rectory. You cannot complete this clearance online & it can take 3-5 weeks for the clearance to arrive.http://www.piaa.org/assets/web/documents/Child%20Abuse%20Clearance.pdf.
All 5 are required for coaches. For non-coach and school volunteers, the Coaches Orientation (1) is not required. It is recommended when you mail #5, you also include copies of #1, #2, #3, and #4 if you have them completed so the rectory has proof that all requirements have been fulfilled. We cannot approve rosters if they cannot verify the information. Anything that is not yet completed, just include a note to the rectory stating the specifics as to when you will complete the requirements.
If you are interested in attending a Coaches Orientation, the locations & times are still being finalized. Please feel free to contact a CYO Board Member for more information.
Thanks to all volunteers and coaches. CYO would not happen without your continued support!